Monday, June 18, 2007

An Introduction!!

As a bit of an introduction I feel as I should tell you something about us. We have been at this parenting thing for 12 years and have four beautiful children: 12yo, 6yo, and 4yo boys and one wonderful 10yo girl. We have lived in many different places, all in Canada, but are staying put here for a while on the prairies (though the mountains are always calling!!).

As far as homelearning, we have done many things: most fairly relaxed. Most frequently we have done things with a Charlotte Mason flavor. We love to study fine art, love books, thoroughly enjoy poetry, love books, drool over history, love books, all need the 'wild' out of doors for sustenance, and all enjoy math!!

We have tried so many of the approaches out there: classical, interest led, unschooling, CM , but always returned to a sort of relaxed/CM/Classical with loads of free time for hanging out and personal interests. This is what I've discovered I am most comfortable with, and gives enough structure with lots of personal breathing room. I cannot stick to a schedule, but we live by routines instead. A regular day here would involve a handful of things in the morning and then a late lunch followed by life- one of these regular days does not happen every day here!!

This has gotten long....
Have a Great Day
Kristie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog. We are very similar. I saw your name at the Tidal Homeschooling group. Hope you keep writing and sharing your days with us!

Grace & Peace,
Betty

The Beynons said...

Thank you Betty. I am already a wee bit behind on my once a week posts- summer has hit!! Hope to post tomorrow.

I saw you on the Tidal Homeschooling list as well...

Have a Great Weekend,
Kristie