Monday, March 16, 2009

Let's See...

Some rambling comments on the day....

Breakfast (at a stunning 9am- who created that time change anyway (this is my yearly complaint- see archives for details!).....oatmeal with raisins and heaps of salt, yes, salt! (Bad idea to shake it right out of the box!), supplemented with toast and yummy jam and a glass of OJ

Dressed and chores....Ar. garbages and toilets, H. vacuuming, C. table and folding, Aa. sinks etc, me- made bread and frittered away time on the computer

Math for Ar. and C. and Aa- I taught Aaron how to use the '9 sucks' rule. I was pretty impressed with his progress with it.... did a dictation from the poem 'Cats' with Hannah.... (somehow forgot prayers in here- for reason see the end of the former point!)

Caleb here went and started beautifully playing with Aaron. Who could disturb this? So that was his job for quite some time.... Hannah played some piano, then I got her to read Our Island Story on the computer (she had read Pride and Prejudice and Macrina in bed). An informal narration followed....Ar. still on the Algebra

Snack (Lunch??)- fried dougnuts and lots of sugar and tea with honey (can you say possible STRUNG out kids later in the day??)...we read some poems about spring and then I sent the kids outside to find some signs of spring to draw for their nature journals and I tidied up...

Nature journalling by the older three went very well and Aaron did some drawing as well....I read aloud from Comstock's book a wee bit about trees and growth then a couple chapters of the Princess and the Goblin and one more poem....

Hannah moved onto Algebra and was delighted with the prospect of drawing a diagram to explain some complicated thing involving sandpipers outdistancing an airplane and wind resistance etc. (how creativity and math meet in this child!)....Caleb went up to 'read' (this should read play with Aaron).... then he came down to Read- he got through a bunch of Black Ships Before Troy with and informal narration, and then some Hobbit....

Aaron did some sight cards and aced most of them the read out of Mouse Tales to me- fantastic job...Ar read The Young Carthaginian, the Bible, and Secrets of the Universe (which he claims today he Loves and is so glad I required him to read it- who would have known with the cheasy 70s cover?)...

At this point Violin and Irish music were put on the back burner for the Wii game that arrived in the mail today- all children are now glued down there in the basement playing and I can hear them loud and clear up here!

Me, I am off to the yarn store to grab a new round needle for the beautiful sweater I am beginning for H.'s birthday (can't link or I will spoil the surprise.)

Dinner tonight: Black beans, salsa, basmati, corn and a salad (fresh bread as well)

This seems probably dull as anything, but it is good for me to look back to at times.

Have a great day,
Kristie

No comments: